10.21.2006

I'm Engaged




I can't believe it. Spencer showed up yesterday and surprised me. He had flown in early yesterday morning and spent the whole day with my parents. They went to The Morton Arboretum for lunch.
Spencer took me out for a romantic dinner at Mill Race Inn in Geneva. I guess that it was one of my grandparents favorite places to go. Then he surprised me with a horse drawn carriage ride through the historic part of Geneva. After about 15-20 min. we got off the the carriage and started to walk on a path that goes right along the river. While we were walking he got down on his knee and asked, "Emily Darice Lorimor, will you marry me and be my wife?" in reply I said,"Yes,Yes,Yes!!!" Then we walked back to the carriage and rode around a little longer. When we got home my family was there waiting in anticipation that Spencer had done something. So we are engaged!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Miss Emily! I hope that I can be the kind of Mother-in-law God intends me to be, especially since you will be my one and only Daughter-in-law. This will be a first for both of us, we will proceed with prayer. May God bless you both! Beautiful ring and cherished couple.
Love: Mom Vogt